Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Getting ready to plant the garden.

        It's spring that means garden is the word of the day . This year I will not be doing everything by hand . I am getting older and don't have the energy that comes with youth . Though I do still love working the earth with a hoe , most of it will be done with the tractor and tiller . For years as a little boy my three brothers and I would go to my grandparents for visits during summer vacation . We learned what being on a farm was truly about . The love of hard work , and the satisfaction of watching your efforts pay off . When a plant sprouts from the ground as a sprig , put on leaves then blooms and finally a vegetables appears . There is no better feeling knowing you did this . Well I finally get to start , and I'll let you know how it's going when I get it planted .

No comments:

Post a Comment