Wednesday, May 4, 2016

This past weekend it was the end of April , probably the latest I have ever planted my garden . I had a few issues with a 1947 ford 8n , and pretty much had to replace everything that is attached to the motor . If you own one of these you will know where I'm coming from , Henry Ford was a very smart man and didn't put anything on these tractors that wasn't essential . But with age things wear out , and so after a new carb , starter , gas bowl , spark plugs and wires , points and coil I got the tractor cranked . So a couple of weeks behind schedule the garden was prepped and planted . I have a full time job as a home builder along with three daughters and ten grandkids all of whom I love very much . But this means there is not a lot time in the day , my point is sometimes things seem overwhelming . In this day and age I think its easier for people to just give up and get on the computer or other devices , than to as my grandparents put it put your head to the grindstone . You have to put the hard work in to feel a sense of accomplishment . Just take it one step at a time , one breath at a time just keep chugging along . And then after some setbacks and some chuckles its done . Abraham Lincoln said always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other . We as people love accomplishment for some its with what we can collect , for some its education but for me its what I can see grow or build with my hands . We need to pass along this information to the next generation , hard work only builds character . But the lessons from hard work are many .

No comments:

Post a Comment